Blown in Cellulose Insulation
With the need to insulate their house homeowners are looking for options that range from synthetic to environmental friendly types. You can choose from the various options available to you in the market like fiberglass batt, spray foam insulation and blown –in cellulose. Blown-in cellulose insulation forms a very eco friendly option to install in your house.
Places that can be insulated with blown-in insulation
There are a number of places in your house that can benefit if you consider blown-in cellulose insulation. Apart from the exterior walls blown-in insulation can also be applied on the garage ceiling and the attic floor.
People living in colder climates often face the problem of ice-dams forming in the house. Gaps and leaks in the attic insulation lead to formation of ice dams in your house. Heat from the rooms below moves upward and melts the snow on the roof. The melted snow then freezes and forms ice again. As snow melts and forms ice again the heap builds up. The water that melts is obstructed from travelling down as it is blocked by the ice dam. Many a time’s contractors have problems in preventing the gaps and leaks in the insulation for the attic. Here is where blow-in insulation steps in, it reaches the recessed corners and fills them up. This prevents the heat from escaping and forming ice dam.
Why should you consider Blown-in Insulation?
- Blown-in cellulose insulation is made of post-consumer, recycled paper and mostly newspapers. This makes it completely eco friendly. The new kind of blower is used now-a-days to blow in the cellulose to fill in the insulation with high density. This will eliminate the settling of the insulation.
- Blown-in insulation serves as the best choice for insulation as it can be tightly applied around the electrical outlets, piping, wiring and ductwork. Also it can effectively reduce air leaks compared to the traditionally used fiberglass insulations.
- By hiring professionals to install the insulation for you, you can assure that the insulation is installed appropriately the first time itself. Also blown-in cellulose insulation is a much cheaper option for foolproof insulation. Thus, giving much profit with low cost of proper insulation and better bill savings in future.
- It provides you with a tighter insulation with high R-value; this increases the comfort you feel in your house. Also you reduce the use of appliances like heaters and air-conditioners to control the environment of your house.
- Fibreglass and other insulation depend on proper application to give 100% results. This is a challenging task for the installer. Blown-in insulation is easy to apply and thus can prevent air penetration that is achieved only after proper application of the insulation.
- Also blown-in cellulose makes your house completely sound proof. The sound proofing not only stops the noise from outside to enter your house but the insulation also runs between the rooms to stop the sound from travelling from one room to another.
Just like spray foam insulation, blown-in cellulose too should be filled in by professionals for great results. EcoStarFoam.com is a leading service provider for spray foam insulation installation. Our team of professionals use durable spray foam of various well known brands that cover every cavity in your house and make your home energy efficient. We are well known for our top quality services in New Orleans, Louisiana and surrounding area.