When summer approaches, the problem of keeping your house cool becomes apparent. Using air conditioners all throughout the house can get very expensive. Fortunately, we have tips that you can use in order to keep your house cooler. Read these tips below:
- Tint your windows. Window tinting can help you to keep your home cool by decreasing the amount of sunlight and ultraviolet rays that comes inside. Tints can also make your windows look better.
- Use drapes on your windows. Drapes can help you stop the sun from coming inside the house. This allows for a cooler atmosphere inside. However, if you prefer to see the view outside, then this tip is not for you. Another downside of this tip is the possibility of accumulating dust on the drapes. If you don’t have allergies, then this wouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Make sure your house has proper ventilation. You can place fans in your attic in order to avoid the accumulation of hot air in the top of your house. Portable fans are a cheap method of making sure that the air is properly circulating throughout the house. It also keeps the air cooler than the usual temperature.
- Planting trees around the house can also keep the temperature down. It can even make your property more aesthetically pleasing. This is a natural way of keeping your house cool. You can help save the environment too.
- Replace air filters. You should inspect your air filters and clean them whenever they get dirty. Replacing dirty or faulty air filters is another option. Air conditioners put in more effort when they have dirty air filters. Therefore, replacing dirty air filters can help you save energy and money.
- Keep your lights turned off. Lights that are turned on generate heat as a byproduct. Keeping your lights to a minimum can help keep your home cooler.
- Add insulation. You should place insulation on air conditioning ducts that are located in places that are unconditioned (e.g. attics, garages). This is a great way to keep your house cooler.