Up to $5000 State Insurance Mitigation
Up to $2,000 from HERO Program!
Up to $5000 rebate for Energy Smart Program
Home » Tax Incentives
How To Get Your Louisiana Federal Energy Efficiency Tax CreditsHero Program of Louisiana
HERO: Please visit: http://dnr.louisiana.gov/sec/execdiv/techasmt/programs/residential/hero/
Rebate option of $2,000.00 for qualifying energy efficient upgrades. Home must achieve 30% minimum improvement.
Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency:
If you purchase an energy-efficient product or renewable energy system for your home in Louisiana and surrounding areas, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit. Below you will find an overview of the federal tax credits for energy efficiency.
Please note, not all ENERGY STAR qualified products qualify for a tax credit. ENERGY STAR distinguishes energy efficient products which, although they may cost more to purchase than standard models, will pay you back in lower energy bills within a reasonable amount of time, without a tax credit.
What You Need to Know
What is included in the Federal Tax Credit?
10% of cost up to $500
December 31, 2013
How do I Qualify?
- Must be an existing home & your principal residence.
- Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Roofs (Metal & Asphalt)
- Water Heaters (non-solar)
- Windows & Doors
- 10% of cost up to $500
- Expires: December 31, 2016
- Existing homes & new construction qualify. Both principal residences and second homes qualify. Rentals do not qualify.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Small Wind Turbines (Residential)
- Solar Energy Systems
- Credit Details: 10% of the cost, up to $500 per .5 kW of power capacity
- Expires: December 31, 2016
- Existing homes & new construction qualify. Must be your principal residence. Rentals and second homes do not qualify.
- Fuel Cells (Residential Fuel Cell and Microturbine System)
How do I apply for my Federal Tax Credit?
A certified energy auditor can file program rebates
Entergy New Orleans
Entergy Smart Program offers incentives for Weatherization of your home:
- .35 rebate per s.f. for attic insulation
- .25 rebate per s.f. for wall insulation
- .20 rebate per s.f. for floor insulation (spray foam qualifies here)
- .20 per 1 cfm air-infiltration reduction of home
- .24 for HVAC duct leakage reduction / per cfm
An Energy Audit is required to receive the following rebates by a licensed professional and must be a listed state contractor.
Federal HomeStar Program: Star America legislation was enacted on December 8, 2009 by President Obama. The legislation proposes a new program that would reimburse homeowners up to $12,000 in spending on home energy efficiency improvements. Check with your local and state entities for operating programs in your area.
We provide insulation services in Louisiana and surrounding regions. Spray foam insulation services helps to enhance energy efficiency
of home and get Louisiana federal energy tax credit for using an energy-efficient product.